About WGO Khartoum:
The Khartoum Training Center was inaugurated in Khartoum, Sudan on January 10, 2015 as a WGO Training Center. The Khartoum Training Center is recognized as one of the few well-established centers in central Africa, especially considering the shortage of ERCP service in the region. The implementation of a Training Center under the umbrella of the World Gastroenterology Organisation (WGO) was a logical step and a requirement to move forward and to implement a structured training at a global standard. The service is expected to be easily disseminated into the region, taking notice of an increasing number of applications received 5 at the Training Center from neighboring countries.
Dr. Abdelmounem E.Abdo
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
- To establish a WGO endoscopy, laparoscopy, & ultrasonography training center.
- To upgrade the level of endoscopy services in the country and the region, especially in countries with disabled medical facilities.
- To help with the establishment and support of a postgraduate medical and surgical gastroenterology training fellowship program in nearby countries.
- To upgrade the level of patient care and patient safety by developing
- To improve the quality and training for endoscopy nursing.
- 50 ward beds for joint surgical and medical admissions in addition to intermediate and intensive care beds.
- Well equipped surgical theater with facilities for laparoscopy.
- Outpatient referral clinics accommodating eight doctors and eight patients at a time.
- Endoscopy unit.
- Motility Lab.
- Emergency bleeding center, which is the location of the WGO Khartoum Training Center.
- 12 hour working library.
- Video learning center room
- Research Laboratory
- Endoscopy Simulator Room
- Three lecture rooms with the capacity to accommodate 100, 50, and 30 doctors. The rooms are equipped with multimedia and audio systems.
- Two video conference systems, allowing for conference calls, lectures, and consultations from anywhere, as well as transmissions of live demonstrations